or will they? How are you keeping yourself accountable as you dream?
Suggested Reading Time: 2 minutes
Ok, if I’m honest, I, like many others, may have once had a crush on Kevin Costner. He was rather glorious in Field of Dreams, but let’s not follow his lead by listening to the voice that might be calling to us “if you build it, they will come.”
If you’re not careful, copying Kevin might end up with you creating your own version of his epic flop Waterworld. The moral of the story is, be careful if you find yourself unquestioning in your confidence that just because you like, want or need something it will be an automatic commercial success.
So, what are some of the questions you can ask yourself to avoid being a delusional entrepreneur?
- Do you have a tendency to be more of an inventor than entrepreneur? (see Paul’s comments in this video)
- Have you packaged up your product or service in a way that the market actually wants it?
- Does the market see your product/service as valuable?
- Are they willing to pay for it?
- Are you trying to solve a problem people don’t even want solved?
- Do you know how to take the creative or inventive essence of your idea and effectively connect it to a market need?
- Are you too in love with your product/service?
If you feel like you need some support, guidance or accountability around exploring these questions we would love to help you. Please reach out for a chat to see how we might be able to help you via email@example.com.
Until next time!